South Kensington

On the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines, South Kensington opened in 1868. The tunnel constructed in 1885 links the station with the main museums, the V&A – home of a fabulous jewellery collection – the Science Museum, and the Natural History Museum, which houses a collection of dinosaur skeletons (though sadly the Diplodocus is looking for a new home). The brooch is of a family of Dinosaurs made of pewter by American designer JJ.

Trivia In London there are over 200 museums to entertain and educate.

Submit a TubeFlash story